Request for Proposals: Tree Risk Mitigation
- Proposal for Tree Risk Mitigation on the Swisher Tract, Fall 2019 (PDF) The goal of this project is to improve the safety of the area by felling or removing trees that are either dead or have been deemed dangerous by the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) district forester.
- Map of Existing Conditions in Swisher Tract (PDF)
- Forest Health Evaluation (PDF) Prepared by Iowa DNR Forester Mark Vitosh.
- Soil Report (PDF) Outlines optimal trail placement to prevent erosion. Prepared by Joe Dixon, District Conservationist, USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service.
- March 12, 2019, Revised Schedule $555,000 GO Bond, Series 2018 (PDF)
- June 19, 2018, Council votes to approve borrowing $555,000 for the acquisition of Swisher Tract and associated costs. 2018 University Heights GO $555k 10 years with 50 cent levy (PDF)
- May 1, 2018, City-wide special election 2018 University Heights GO $1.8m 10 years with 50 cent levy (PDF)
June 14, 2018
City of University Heights purchases Swisher Tract at public auction for $480,000.
May 1, 2018
University Heights Special Election Bond Issue:
- 184 Voters: 24.4% turnout
- No - 45 - 24%
- Yes - 139 - 76% (60% required)
GO Bond Language
Shall the City of University Heights, in Johnson County, State of Iowa, enter into a loan agreement and issue its bonds in an amount not exceeding the amount of $1,800,000 for the purpose of paying the cost, to that extent, of acquiring and developing land for use as a municipal park and green space to protect air quality, water quality in streams, natural areas and wildlife habitat?